Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Lake


When it's too hot out to do much, what's a girl to do?  Go to the lake!!  We've had a bit of a hot spell the past few days and I was getting more than a little tired of it.  I did break down and put Miley's pool out, which she is thrilled about.  But I needed something that was also refreshing for me and got her a little more tired.  So I figured it was about time that we made our first trek of the year out to Hagg Lake!

As I've already mentioned, Miley is going through a false pregnancy.  I've talked with her breeder and she agrees, so I'm just waiting for it to pass.  As I've also mentioned, I am starting to see signs of Miley getting back to her normal mental capacities, we're just not fully there yet.  She's still a little flighty and jumpy around things that she's not entirely sure of or hasn't been around in a while.  I didn't really take this into consideration until we got down to the shoreline.  Miley's previous experience, as with many other situations, is that she always had her big brother Heffner there to either show her how things were done or to inadvertently demonstrate that there was nothing to be concerned about.  Since she no longer has that, she's having to find her own confidence, while dealing with hormones to boot!

Miley did not understand what the deal was with the water lapping at the shoreline.  She would go to get a drink then leap backwards so fast, like the waves were going to eat her.  I know it wasn't all that nice of me, but I couldn't help but laugh!  It was like she got dropped into hot lava!  All laughing stopped, of course, when she decided to use my bare foot as a launch pad during one of those moments when those crazy one inch waves tried to attack her.  Do you have any idea how great it feels to have 125 lb. vaulting off your foot???  It tickles....just a little.....

In between spaz sessions, using me as a launching pad and coating me in the ever wonderful Hagg Lake mud, I tried to get a few decent pictures of Miley "posing."  She doesn't quite understand the notion of holding still for the camera for more than a couple seconds just yet, so I got several pictures that are probably really only entertaining to me.  Pictures such as these:



I finally gave up on that idea when I realized I had a video functioning that I was failing to use.  And with my puppy being every so hilarious!

I could NOT stop laughing at her!  She was just too stinkin' hilarious!  I was even re watching the videos at work today.  I freaking LOVE this puppy!

And speaking of this crazy puppy, she had her very first foundation agility class tonight!  That's right, the agility training has now officially begun.:)  Miley is on her way to being a multi sport dog.  But I'll save that for a separate post.  Happy hump day everyone!

No comments: