Monday, November 15, 2010

Quick Note

I've been busy and haven't had much of a chance to post anything, but I did want to just post a quick note about this past weekend and then hopefully I'll get a chance later tonight to post more fully about it!:) We had a CPE agility trial this past weekend and I had both dogs entered. I juggled both pretty well and it actually didn't stress me out! Saturday wasn't our best day. Heffner Qed in two out of four classes. The two that he didn't Q in were a result of little things that cost us the run, so I'm not horribly disappointed in that. Bess only Qed in one out of four runs. She had a little harder time staying focused and did her little running out of the ring routine. She got it all together by the last run of the day and had a lovely run. Sunday was MUCH better. Heffner Qed in ALL four runs!!! Woo hoo!!! That's the first time that he's Qed in everything!! He was totally on top of his game and just nailing everything! I am crazy proud of him! Bess followed close behind with three out of four Q's. The only class that she didn't Q in was a games course where I just didn't pick the best route for her and we didn't get enough points in the time allotted. All-in-all, it was a great, but long weekend. I've got a ton of things to catch up on at home and then a three day trial to get ready for this weekend. So if I don't get around to posting the full synopsis tonight, it might not be until Wednesday.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Congratulations on all the Q's!

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

Fantastic! What a huge turnaound for Bess too between sat and sunday!

Kennedy said...

Congrats! Jealous that you get to run three days this weekend. :) Save us a spot for crating? Have a ball. Hopefully Heff and Bess will both stay as on the ball as they were Sunday. Having the consistency of running frequently can definitely help.

Lindsay said...

I'll save you a spot Kennedy! I'm planning on bringing an extension cord and power strip with me if you have an electrical heater to bring along. It's going to be a COLD weekend!!

Jennifer H. said...

SO awesome!!! You all are kicking some major agility butt!!! :) So thrilled for you guys. :)

Kennedy said...

Thanks, Lindsay. Good plan. Rachel will be there, too. Should be a fun weekend. Good luck Friday! Can't wait to hear how you guys do.