Monday, June 13, 2011

Video Rap Up

I have NOT been able to shake the tired all day today! It's been rough! I even resorted to various "hits" of caffeine throughout the day and that barely did anything for me. It's incredibly tempting to call in to work tired, if I could do that.

Today is a video heavy post. I'm going to share the videos of Heffner's runs yesterday from the trial and the remaining lure coursing runs. Here goes. First is Heff's Open JWW run:










I don't actually see the bar go down in this video, but I remember seeing it go down as we were running the course.

Next was Excellent Standard:









And Heffner's second lure coursing run:








Bess' second lure coursing run:







Bess' third lure coursing run:






And the nice little video of Bess watching the whippets that she wishes were her lures to chase!





Okay, so now I think I'm officially caught up with everything! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much Kennedy for taking all the videos and for being such a great support for us!!:0)

Somehow tonight I need to muster up enough energy to take the dogs for a run. Heffner could get by without it, but would be crazy by tomorrow. Bess literally doesn't know what to do with herself. She's like this creepy little dog following me every where and just staring at me. You know what it's like to feel this presence behind you only to turn around and it's Bess, just staring. Little creepy!

7 comments:

Dexter said...

Amazing how giant dogs can sneak around on tip toe when they want to. Bess is so beautiful to watch running.

Mango Momma

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Hello Bess & Hefner,

Those were some pretty impressive agility runs! I don't know much about agility but was wondering why don't they have bigger tunnels and that ring thingee for the giant breed dogs to go through. It doesn't seem fair to me.

That lure thing looks like fun...if only I were a young pup I would probably have liked that.

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

Unknown said...

It is so amazing what you are doing with the big dogs. I can't even get my Rott off the couch without some sort of arguement. Loved the videos!

Lindsay said...

Thanks guys!!:)

Kasha, unfortunately the tunnels and tire are a "one size fits most" kind of a thing. They're obviously not an issue for the little dogs, but the bigger the dog, the more effort it takes to get through those tunnels. I would love it if they had a giant breed agility league, but I'm tno sure that it would be quite as popular as the tea-cup agility league.

Laney said...

Oh wow! I have never seen a Gt Dane doing agility. I wanted to do it with my German Shepherd years ago, but he was scared of the dark so refused to go in the tunnel! Years later, when the kids were old enough and I had more time, we got Izabel, our golden. She loved agility and was brilliant, unfortunately she went the way of all goldens and as soon as she was 'told' how to do it properly she stopped trying!! She would go in the tunnel and lie down and refuse to come out as for the ''long jump' she could fly over it when she wanted, but when we got busted down to the 'terrier' group I knew it was time to quit!! Our new golden, D for Dog, is so much quicker than Izabel but now I don't have the time...typical! Loved seeing your dogs run. Laney x.

Lexi and Jasper the Danes said...

We loved watching the agility :) W love how on the weave poles Heffner's back end bounces side to side to gou through them :)

Hmmm maybe we should give agaility a try!

The lure coursing also looked like fun! Nothing better than getting to stretch your legs in a full run :)

Licks and lots of slobber,
Lexi and Jasper the Danes

Gretchen said...

Just stopping by to say Hi.I click over here often, but haven't been commenting. Looks like you guys have been busy.