Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Patches....

For the past three years in a row I've made it out to the Lakeview Farms pumpkin patch with one of the dogs. It's a super cute patch that obviously allows dogs as long as they're leashed and you pick up after them. There's a cute little train that takes you out to the patch and a paddle boat across their pond (with creatures popping up out of the water!) that takes you back to the barn to pay for your pumpkin(s). I really enjoy it and it really gets me into the Halloween spirit so to speak! Unfortunately this year we won't be making it out there.:( I should have taken advantage and gone at the very beginning of the month because all of my available time otherwise got filled up. But I do have pictures from the previous years to share!:o)

In 2006 we went with my friend Kris and her lab Porter. We had a good time and got lost in their corn maze. It turned out to be a fair bit more complicated than we thought it would be and actually ended up busting out on one of the sides of it because we couldn't find our way out and were done with the corn maze at that point!


In 2007 I went back to the patch by myself with Heffner. Um, yeah, I felt a little weird going to the pumpkin patch by myself with just my dog! I did get one of the funnier questions as to what Heffner was. A little girl asked me if he was a goat while we were waiting in line to pay for our pumpkin! Her dad totally started cracking up and I told her that he was a very big dog.:) This was also the first year that I attempted to get Heffner up on the little train (which is constructed with small children in mind!). And since he's such a mamma's boy and will do pretty much anything I ask of him, he did manage to squeeze himself uncomfortably onto the train and stay there for the short ride.






And last year we introduced Bess into our house and therefore it was her turn to go to the pumpkin patch (while the dogs are pretty well behaved, handling two of them AND a pumpkin AND the rides was really beyond my capabilities!)! Bess was quite the trooper. She wasn't really a fan of the train ride or the paddle boat, but she put up with it and had a good time otherwise.






Next year I'll be more on the ball and will also hopefully be able to convince hubby to take a morning off of work to go out to the pumpkin patch with us! I'd also like to try out a new patch with the dogs. We have some really great pumpkin patches in the area that I have yet to visit.

6 comments:

brooke said...

I'm so jealous! I want to find a pumpkin patch we can take Darwin to. The patch we went to this year didnt allow dogs.... the train ride looks like it could be interesting for the dogs!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

So laughing on the pumpkin 'thing' we have nothing like that here...

How cool a set up they have.. Not sure Chels would go for it but Shiloh would... what an imagination that wee one had to come up with goat.. I usually get labrador

The PR Gang said...

I remember the pics from previous years. Great shots! We're jealous too. You can't even FIND a pumpkin here to carve, never mind a whole field of them.

Jennifer H. said...

Great pics! Your puppers are just gorgeous. Thank you for all your National coverage. Loved seeing the pics, watching the videos and hearing about your experience. I so wanted to go this year but couldn't make it happen. We are planning on next year though!

Gretchen said...

This looks like so much fun! I was looking for a place to take Kendall. We'll have to try this out next year.

Lindsay said...

Hopefully we'll see you next year Jennifer!! It was so much fun this year and I'm really looking forward to being able to compete next year with both dogs!