Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lovely Saturday!

Today was an incredibly enjoyable and productive day! I got up early and took the dogs out for a hike this morning. We started off on a trail that we know and I decided to try out one of the off-shoot logging roads to see where it went to. It was the BEST idea! It was such an enjoyable route! There was some tall grass for the dogs to romp in.

There was a creek that followed the road for a little while, so the dogs were able to drink at their leisure. Which also means that I don't have to pack water for them.;o)
And we took occasional breaks along the way (most of the trail out was up hill). What did the dogs do during that time? Snacked on the yummy spring grass.
At one point, Bess darted off the path and dove down hill. It's not entirely unusual for her to do this. She catches a scent and then she just darts off after it. I had no idea what she was on to, but I quickly figured it out as she came bounding back up the hill with this in her mouth:
And I couldn't help but snap this picture of her with her lovely slobber uni brow!
And these are just a few candids from along the route.



And look what came in the mail!
It's not the greatest picture, but it'll do for now.;) I'm dressed half for conformation and half comfortably because that was the day that we had rally in the morning and conformation at the very end of the day.

It wasn't until we got going on our hike this morning that I realised just how much I NEED these hikes. I need to get away from everything and just focus on physical activity, enjoy my dogs, and not have anything man made around me. It's been about three weeks since I was able to get out on a hike with the dogs because we've had dog shows the past two weekends and with my work schedule being Monday through Friday, it doesn't leave me with a weed day to go out. So this was very much overdue and felt great!

Then I came home and got crackin' on some house work. I mowed the lawn, vacuumed the house, did some laundry, broke down my large fish tank, and got my hair did. The hair I won't go into too much detail right now. I'm still a bit shell shocked. I'm a blond naturally. Not super blond, but almost a dirty blond? Anywho, I've occasionally highlighted my hair before, but it's never anything that I've kept up on. And knowing that, I've never done anything drastic. I didn't want to have to worry about my roots showing or needing a touch up. Well, today I decided to do a bit more than I have previously. Adam has been out of town for work all week and I decided that I'd get my hair done today to surprise him at the airport tomorrow (I'm only writing this because it's unlikely that he's going to read this post before I see him) with the new hair. Well.......it's blonder than I've gone before. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've been this blond since I was like four years old. People.....I'm bimbo blond. It kind of freaks me out whenever I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror. I think the lightening dye stuff got left on a little too long. Or maybe this was what my hairdresser thought I meant when I said I wanted to go blonder than I was before. Either way, I'm stuck with it. And I'm going to have to get used to it. Just to warn you, there could be future whining in the posts about this. I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Nice find, Bess!
Can't wait to see your blond bimbo hair-do next week :)

D.K. Wall said...

We always think the trails we have never wandered down become the most memorable. You do not know what to expect around every bend.

Kennedy said...

Good gracious did she find a leg connected to the hip connected to the spine?! Wow, hence the drool. LOL
Nemesis...do remind me to tell you about the Blackjack in our house....
Blonde...oh the jokes that could be had. ;-D