Friday, September 23, 2011

Double Specialty

Well, it was a lovely day for a dog show today. The weather was a bit on the warm and humid side, but for the past few years that I've gone to this show, it seems to always turn out that way. There was a sizable entry and lots of gorgeous dogs!! I was able to see a lot of my dog show "family" today and that's always awesome!! The down side to such a busy and packed day is that I don't get quite as much time to chat as I would like and since I only had Bess entered today, I sadly won't have the rest of the weekend to catch up at a more relaxed pace. On the up side, I do get to play agility with the danes this weekend!


But first the dog show results. For the morning specialty Bess won her class. I'm not entirely convinced that the judge really liked her a ton over the other bitch in the class. I think it was more the fact that the bitch wouldn't hold still for examination that put her in second. Either way, Bess showed really well and I was very pleased with how she did in her class and in the winners bitch ring.


For the afternoon specialty Bess took second in her class. The other bitch was less skittish than the morning, but still far from solid. Oh well.


I'm pretty stinkin' beat and I still have to finish getting things ready for tomorrow. We've got an early morning so that I can go set up the dogs' crates at the agility site. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get too warm and crating inside the arena won't be too much for Heffner. I'm going to park in a back up spot just in case.


So yeah, agility tomorrow and then coming home to pass out! Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Lexi and Jasper the Danes said...

Congrats Bess on your first and second in class :)

We have never been to a dog show. My human was going to do it with me Jasper. But I'm a bit small and have strange eyes and people have been telling her that the Judges like big danes!

Licks and lots of slobber,
Lexi and Jasper the Danes