Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Merry Christmas in February!!


Today is Christmas in February! :)  As I previously mentioned, I want to keep that Christmas spirit going all throughout the year.  And as I also mentioned, I've been holding back the Christmas related pictures of the dogs for these specific posts so that I can spread them out.

December ushered in a somewhat confusing time for Miley.  Suddenly there were all these decorations getting brought out and put up.  And there was a robust tree that came to stay in the living room.  Each item was new and interesting and obviously in need of a thorough sniffing over.  Every.  Single.  Item.  Since she was so curious, I figured I might as well start getting her used to dressing up.  Thus started Miley's introduction to head gear.  In case you're wondering, she was not a fan.



Once she realized that she could in fact hold still as well as eat treats with it on, the head band became less annoying.  Little did she know that there was an entire tote devoted just to head gear....Mwahahahaha....I'm an evil mother. ;)

In the spirit of Christmas and the warm fuzzy feelings it brings out, I want to specifically focus on the beings in my life that bring me the greatest joy, my dogs.  While they are also capable of causing me frustrations, small amounts of stress and in some circumstances, the greatest sadness that I have known, I would not take back a single moment with them.  I can't imagine my life without them and I never want to.  Their presence has been a warm and welcome constant in my life, particularly during times that have been very uncertain and/or stressful.  No matter what bumps we come across, they have remained by my side.  I can never give back to them as much as they give to me, so all I can do is treat the best I know how and be thankful that I am so lucky to have these guys in my life.

For those interested, the cookie recipe from the above picture can be found here.  And the drink is the Grinch Spritzer.  Have a great week!

No comments: