Friday, March 12, 2010

Almost Out of Here!

No blog post yesterday because I was preoccupied with getting ready for the show this weekend. I got to stop off in Tigard to visit Mia and help get her face trimmed up for the show. She was actually quite good. She wasn't thrilled about me trimming her face during the time that she stayed with us. But then again, she was much younger. I also practiced stacking her rear. Every dog is different and I'm so used to Bess who is pretty much fine with whatever I do to her. Mia takes a lighter touch to maneuver her rear feet into the ideal position. Otherwise she likes to lift the leg WAY up into the air. And then it's much more difficult to place it where it should be. And it looks pretty funny!

After cleaning up Mia, I got home with hopes of taking the dogs for at least a brief run. However, the weather has been slightly atrocious. I can handle running in the rain for short bits of time and the dogs have their rain coats, but I really cannot tolerate heavy rain mixed with wind. NOT my idea of fun. So I gave up on that idea and just went ahead and fed the dogs.

After feeding them and myself and giving them a bit of time to chill, it was time to start getting my end of things ready for the show. Both dogs got their nails dremmelled because it was Thursday and that's our nail night (OCD cha cha cha!). Then Bess got her face clippered (she's such a good girl about it!) and a bath. Let me tell you, while she looked pretty clean, that was one filthy bitch!LOL (sorry, I just love saying that!) She had some zoomies afterwards which were quite entertaining to watch.

I did a little bit of getting my clothes picked out for this weekend and that pretty lead me right up to bed time. Busy, busy.

This morning I actually got up right when my alarm went off versus hitting the snooze button a few times. Mostly because I wanted to get in the dogs morning training session in addition to getting into work early. I've got some procedures that I really can't reschedule and the earlier I get in and get them done (with the help of my fabulous co-worker Ashley!), the earlier I can leave and finish getting ready to head up to the Seattle area. However, the weather has once again stuck it's tongue out at me. It was raining pretty heavily and I was pretty much ready to just suck it up, put on extra layers, and put the dogs' rain coats on (even though this pretty much guarantees that they won't do any sitting because the coats apparently make the act of sitting far too impossible), but then I looked out the front window and saw how much the wind was blowing. It pretty much looked totally miserable out there. So I caved and have been catching up on some other things.

Later this afternoon I pop into Tigard, pick up Mia and her mom, and then we're headed north to stay at Kim's house for the dog show in Seattle!! I believe that it's a major at least in bitches this weekend so that should be interesting. And it looks like there's also a fair amount going on at this show so there will be plenty to see! Wish us luck and I'll give an update on Sunday evening after we get home!

5 comments:

Kathie R said...

Good luck! And, have fun :)

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Good luck!!

M.T. said...

All the best with the show!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

Emma Rose said...

Have a great time!

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Good Luck and have a great time. Can't wait to hear how you guys did.

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane