Saturday, May 29, 2010

We're Back!!

Technically we got back late on Thursday night. But with the time difference, spending almost 24 hours awake due to catching various flights, and just being tired, I wasn't really feeling up to posting. And on Friday I drove up to meet Georgia in the Seattle area (she was on her way to a dog show this weekend and I was able to meet her a little further south) to pick up the pooches.:) Seeing as how this weekend is a holiday weekend, everyone and their mom decided it was a great idea to either take the day off or leave work early and clog the highways. That royally sucked. On my way up the drive that normally takes me three hours took three and a half. Not too bad. Especially compared to the drive back. On the way back, it took me nearly 5 and a half hours. Seriously. I was NOT happy. Especially considering the amount of douche bags hanging out in the left lane who thought that it was cool to go under the speed limit. NOT cool!

Anyhow, by the time I got home and go the dogs settled, it was time to start unpacking all of my stuff and I just wasn't really up to blogging until today. The dogs have been pretty pooped from their stay at Gramma G's and have pretty much just been happily lazing about. Bess was a good girl while we were gone. Heffner was not thrilled that there was an intact male on the premises and vocalized his displeasure whenever said boy dog was within sight. I kind of figured that would happen and had warned Georgia ahead of time. I was hoping that he would eventually settle down and adjust to the idea of having an intact male around (it wasn't like they were let out together or really allowed in close proximity to each other), but that was apparently not the case. As such, I have a feeling that Heffner never fully relaxed while he was there. He dropped a bit of weight and I'm increasing his food. He's pretty much been sleeping since he got home unless he's been eating or going to the bathroom. We're going to lay low today so that they can both recuperate. We're heading up to my parents' property in Pine Grove and they'll be able to run amok there, so I want them plenty rested so they can fully enjoy their time being "wild" dogs.:o)

As you may have noticed, I didn't end up posting any pictures or blogging at all while I was gone. I gave up on that idea the first time I tried to upload some trip pictures to Facebook. That didn't go well at all. Our internet connection was slow to start with and I was only able to upload one picture at a time and that uploading process took 5-7 minutes per picture. And since Blogger has always been slower than Facebook to start with, my patience was not going to hold to even see what it would be like to just upload a blog post. With that said, we had a blast while we were on vacation! The weather was hot a humid, which was kind of difficult for me to deal with unless I was near a body of water. Thankfully there were great pools and all sorts of ocean fun to be had! There were too many things that we did and saw to really go into, but I will post a selection of the pictures that we took!:o)

These were taken at our resort (Sandals Halcyon) while we were just walking around checking out the place.

I think that pretty much all the pools at all the resorts either had a swim up bar or a bar very close to them. And the strength of the drink very much depended on the whim's of the bar tender at that time.

Probably the coolest thing about staying at the Sandals resort was that there were two other Sandals resorts that were roughly 15 min. away from our by shuttle. By staying in one Sandals resort you automatically had free access to the other two. If you weren't staying at a Sandals there something like a $100 fee per person to gain access to the grounds and I'm not sure what all that includes. We took advantage of this and visited the other resorts. The first one we hit up was the Grande.
We just happened to pick the perfect night to visit that resort because they were having a special late night chocolate desert extravaganza! There were a few different tables fully of various chocolate yummies like this:
One of the days we did an excursion on a catamaran (hopefully I'm spelling that correctly!).

On the boat trip we made a foray into the volcano. The volcano is still active and venting some of the most gawd awful rotten egg smells! The overwhelming smell combined with the heat and humidity was almost enough to knock you off your feet!

Probably my favorite of the three resorts was the Regency. It was just gorgeous!!

And that was our trip! I am happy to be home and even happier coming home to an automatic three day weekend!! I'm sure that I'll have more dog related things to say tomorrow, but for now I'm going to go snuggle up with my snoozing pooches.:) I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!


houndstooth said...

What a cool vacation! The pictures are beautiful!

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! Welcome back. Thanks for sharing your photos. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

MurphyDog said...

Welcome back! Mom says she's always wanted to do one of the all inclusive Sandal's type resorts, and she loves your pictures!

I bet the doggies were super excited to have you back!

wags, wiggles & slobbers

Training my Mammoth said...

Welcome back!!

It looks absolutely gorgeous. I love the pictures.