Friday, February 25, 2011

Check It Out!

A few months ago I was contacted by a photographer (who happens to be the boyfriend of a good friend of mine) about a picture he took of Bess at an agility trial. It turns out that there was a publisher of children's books who was interested in using the picture. There weren't a whole lot of details at the time about the book itself, but I was game! I didn't hear anything after that until today!



The book is a children's book about great danes and Steve was mailed two copies. One for himself and one for me! And here's the picture of Bessy:
Pretty cool! I was really excited to see the picture.:)


Other than that, the past two days have been pretty long ones at work and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. We're going to an obedience match tomorrow and I'll have both dogs with me for that. Then on Sunday Bess and I head up to the mountain for a skijoring race!! For a while I wasn't even sure that the race was actually going to happen because snow conditions have been less than ideal. The past two weeks have definitely made up for that with snow even down to our level yesterday! So the race is on, but I didn't get the quality of training in with Bess that I would have liked. Therefore, I opted to only race on her one of the two days.


I hope that everyone else is gearing up for an enjoyable weekend of whatever the doctor ordered.;0)

4 comments:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

That is awesome! Very exciting to have your dog in a book!

houndstooth said...

Congrats to you and Bess! Those little surprises always make for a happier day. She looks great, too!

Hiking Hounds said...

That is really cool!

Jennifer H. said...

Awww how fun is that??!!! Way to go Bess!!!