Sunday, December 11, 2016

Blogmas Day 11 - Dog Show Day 2


Today was day 2 of the dog show in Ridgefield, WA.  Dominic did MUCH better in the ring today!  I was more prepared for what he was likely to do and I anticipated things better.  Our judge was also great about working with a green puppy, which is always appreciated.  We still need a lot of work, but I was really pleased with the improvement that I saw in him.

He definitely needs that hour outside of the crate to hang out and watch everything that's going on.  He's a little fidgety just hanging out outside of his crate, but not annoyingly so.  We've got some shows coming up that are longer than two days that I think will be really good for him to get more into a groove of showing.  And I'm planning on taking him to a handling class this week.  Conformation game plan for Dominic?  Check!

I did manage to take a little bit of video from the dog show today and I put the clips together.  The Rose City Classic that's coming up in January is considerably bigger, with a lot more going on and I plan to do some videoing of that show for sure.  In the mean time, here's a little taste of our weekend:


No comments: