Sunday, December 18, 2016

Blogmas Day 18 - Christmas Past


Yep, I missed a day.  Between exercising the dogs, getting my exercise in and heading downtown to meet up with friends for a holiday pub crawl, I could not manage to fit in blog time.  But a perfect record this year would have left me no room for improvement next year. ;)


This weekend has also been a little melancholy for me.  I know that a lot of people have difficulties with this time of year for a multitude of reasons.  The holiday season has a particular emphasis on family and spending time with the ones you hold dear.  When some of those members are no longer around, their loss seems to weigh heavier.


I feel the loss of Heffner and Bess regularly, though as time has been ticking by, it gets incrementally less painful.  I don't think it'll ever get to a point where it doesn't hurt and in some ways I'm thankful for that.  But this time of year brings up so many memories that I have with them, that it's difficult to avoid feeling the stab from their absence.

So to those having a hard time right now, no matter the reason, I hope you can feel supported in that you're not alone.  I wish there were some perfect phrase that I could say to make it better, to make whatever it is more bearable, to alleviate the stress, or sadness.

To those who may be feeling none of this and don't understand, the best phrase I can think for you to bear in mind right now and any time you come across someone, regardless of the time of year, having a hard time or acting out, is "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about."

No comments: