Friday, February 19, 2010

Another Good Day!

Tonight I took Bess to the obedience show and go again and I was even more pleased with her this time around than I was the first time! She was so up and happy the whole time. We got some nice compliments to this affect as well, which also totally boosted my spirits.:o) Her heeling was better this time around. She wasn't quite as distracted. I think it also helped that last week I took home some pointers for things to work on so we were a little better prepared this time. Overall, what a great girl!!

I also had a really good time just talking to the people there. Finding out more about the obedience club that I applied to be a member of. There are all sorts of little side benefits to joining the club that I am looking forward to. Additionally, I'll be able to get some inside help and advice on picking an instructor that should be the right fit for us. I still plan on doing some privates with our agility instructor when it comes to rally, but she doesn't do as much obedience and prefers rally.

I started whacking away at the meat that is ever so slowly thawing in our garage. It still amazes me how long it takes that stuff to thaw out to the point that I can at least start prying individual pieces off of the main blocks!

Goodness I'm tired tonight! I should head off to bed here soon. I'm getting up early to take the dogs on a light hike in the morning to burn off at least some of their energy. And then later on, I'm Adam and I are heading out with a friend and his fiance to get our trucks filthy and do some mudding!! I'm totally looking forward to that. It's the simple pleasures that make life great.:o)

1 comment:

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Great job Bess! Sounds like you guys had an action packed weekend...post some pics of the mudding if you took any.