Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Web Site of the Month

My pick for Web Site of the Month for January is Idita-Walk! I can't remember which blog specifically I first heard about this event on, but it was definitely a husky dog blog. At the time I heard about it last year, I think the event was already half way through and I wanted to join in from the beginning. Now we all have the chance to sign and do something that's good for all of us!

The premise of the Idita-walk is that you shoot for walking 1,049 minutes between February 1st and March 31st. Once you sign up and pay your "entry fee," you gain access to an online log that will allow you enter your daily totals throughout the course of the event. It's a great way to encourage people to be a little healthier, get their dogs more exercise, and promote the Iditarod a little.:) I've signed Adam and myself up for it already!

I found out from the pedometer challenge that I did last year that I walk a lot between the dogs and my job. In order to make things a little more challenging for myself, I'm shooting for walking at least 2,098 minutes during that same time period. AND I will only be counting the walking/running that I do with the dogs. Nothing else counts. This should be a lot of fun and I'm excited to see where I end up! Gives me something to beat for next year!;o)

No comments: