Friday, March 11, 2011

Two Thumbs UP!

Heffner had another chiropractic adjustment today and it went really well! I was a little apprehensive about this one. This was going to be one of my checkpoints along the way as to whether or not Heffner was going to have an early retirement from agility. Since we've started back into practice and I entered him in the match last weekend, I really wanted to know how his body was holding up. Everything looked great to me, but I couldn't guarantee that I wasn't just seeing what I was hoping to see.

I am happy to say that Heffner's chiropractor was VERY pleased with how his body is holding the adjustments and with how much easier things are moving when she wants to manipulate them!! That's a bit of a sigh of relief! She told me to keep doing what I'm doing and continue to build him up.

I've been working him back into our jogging routine and he's been back to our therapy ball work. All of which is just making him stronger and stronger and I love it! We're working on some additions to our ball studio "routine" that have him focusing a lot more on his hind end and placement of his individual back feet. Also lots of work on strengthening those all important core and back muscles. Things are looking good and I'm really happy right now! Now if only I could have a little bit of that good news for my back. Nothing lots of Advil can't fix for the time being. ;0)

No comments: