Friday, May 29, 2009

Here we go!

This evening is the start of the three day NADAC agility trial that I have both the dogs entered in! They're both doing two runs of Tunnelers tonight because that's all that's offered. Saturday Heffner is running in Chances, Jumpers, two Regular courses, and Weavers. Bess is running in Jumpers, one Regular course, and Touch N Go (since this is her first trial, I want to see how she handles three runs in a day). On Sunday Heffner is entered in the exact same courses. Bess is entered in Jumpers, and both Regular runs. At the time I chose not to enter her in a Weavers course, but she nailed the weaves so well on Wed. night that I'm really wishing I had. Next time!

Unfortunately the temperatures are supposed to be in the upper 80's for all three days. I'm REALLY not happy about this and there is a possibility that I will pull Heffner from Sunday entirely depending on how Saturday goes. I've been to these fairgrounds before and thankfully there are a lot of shady places to park (I'm working on getting Heffner to be good in the crate, but we still have a ways to go so he stays in the truck) and a lot of indoor crating space for me to set up Bess. I'm also bringing down a cooler with ice and LOTS of water. Both dogs have cool coats that will be used as well as their Kool Collars. Heffner is also thankfully a fan of drinking out of the spray bottle and I'll definitely be using that on him. And hopefully getting Bess to like drinking out of it too.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that there are at least five other dogs in our level and height division. This will make it a lot easier for me to switch out dogs on the runs that they are both entered in. I'm seriously starting to think that I might be a little bit batty for bringing both dogs!!

I have absolutely no idea what time we'll be getting back tonight. And tomorrow, I want to be at the fairgrounds by 7am and it's about an hour and 15 min. drive, so chances are that you won't hear any updates from me until tomorrow night. Unless of course things are so fabulous that I just can't wait to share!!:O) Oh yeah, and here's hoping that my favorite photographer, Joe Camp, will be there so that I can finally get some shots of Bess running the courses!!

No comments: