Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun at the "Dog Show"

Tonight was the IFCC Dog Show gallery opening party! One of the photographers with work there is the one who took pictures of Heffner and Bess a little while back. I didn't end up getting pictures from inside. It is an art gallery show and not every artist wants random people taking pictures of their art work. Andie, the photographer who did H & B, was there snapping some candids throughout and I'm hoping that she'll post them to her web site and I can post the link. It was a fun event and I got to check out some very tallented artists! There is one artist in particular who I would love to do a portrait of the dogs. I really like the look of the oil on canvas. And I also liked his style of painting.

There were yummy treats for people and dogs alike. I got to bring home several samples with me so that both of the dogs can enjoy them. Bess got many admiring pats and compliments! We also stepped into the "photo booth" that benefits Second Chance Companions. Andie was the photographer and I'm looking forward to seeing how the picture came out. All-in-all it was a really neat experience to be able to take Bess into an area that dogs wouldn't normally be allowed!

Oh yeah, and I was given the official okay from my podiatrist to take Das Boot off!! I'm to take things slowly and not do any jogging for another two to three weeks and then only a very light jog on a soft surface. But it's off!!

No comments: