Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blogger Tuesday

My pick for Blog of the Week is Terrierman's Daily Dose! If this is a blog that you haven't read before, I highly recommend popping over and reading. He is quite the prolific author! Not only are the posts numerous, but the topics covered are wide and sweeping. Sometimes they're not entirely dog related. Many of his posts will get you thinking about topics that maybe you hadn't really given much thought to. There are also some pretty random posts. I tried searching through the blog, but couldn't find the specific posts that I was looking for. There were a couple of posts about someone who was selling the entire canine skeleton of various breeds. Very odd, but strangely interesting at the same time. It's a good read either way!

Mostly good news for Bess. She's definitely feeling a lot better. While I do want my bouncy happy girl back, I would prefer that she be somewhat restrained while she still has fresh sutures in her. I do NOT want any of those many stitches coming loose or tearing or doing something awful. She, apparently, doesn't really care and seems to feel no pain right now. She most certainly will be going off of Rimadyl after her Thursday appointment to get her drain removed. You may notice that I used the singular for drain. Yes, she started off with two, but managed to get the top drain off this morning. I took her dirty shirt off after taking the dogs out to pee this morning and I left her naked while I popped into the kitchen to grab the clean shirt that I had brought down. In that time, she got the drain out. So now she is down to one drain. I called the vet to let her know what happened and she felt that as long as the bottom one was still in that it would be okay. There wasn't much coming out of the top one over night any how.

So things are improving with Bess, I just need to try and curb her enthusiasm!

3 comments:

Remington said...

Glad to hear Bess is doing better and she doesn't have to go back in to get that replaced. Heal quickly, my friend!

houndstooth said...

I'm so glad to hear that she's on the mend and feeling a bit more like herself! Even if you do have to watch her like a hawk.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We heard about Bess from Bunny. We are so sorry she has to go through this. Phantom had a huge incision on his chest last summer from surgery to remove a tumor. It was a bit bigger than Bess's and was a nasty one to recover from. Paws crossed that she continues to do well.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara