Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Collar of the Month

My pick for Collar of the Month for June is the Visiglo collar! It's a battery operated collar with a very visible blinking pattern. The collars can be seen from a ways off when it's dark out to make you and your dog more visible. To turn the lights on or off you just push that little paw print button that's located on the buckle. This collar is not really meant to be a stand alone collar. And I certainly wouldn't recommend that it be used as such. While it does seem quite durable, for a larger dog, I would imagine that it wouldn't take much pressure on the collar for the dog to do some damage. I've used this collar on the dogs when we're out on our evening runs in the dark. During the summer they're great for keeping on the dogs if you're camping. Something that I am very excited that we'll be trying out this summer! We actually have two camping trips planned!!

I think this is a good collar if you're looking for something to put on your dog(s) to make them more visible. The battery is also quite easy to replace and will last quite a while.

1 comment:

Angela Gilbert said...

I love that collar! Chianti has one that we use for night bike rides in the woods on the trails. She wears that and a reflective harness, and her own "headlight" (on her collar) so that we can see her. I love the brightness of the Visiglo. The best lit collar I've found.