Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Random Ramblings

Some random ramblings for you today:

*Bess was a rock star last night at practice! I handled her differently than Heffner and it worked great (duh)! Now if I can just remember that on Saturday.;0) Also, if I actually honest to goodness RUN with her, there are less bars down. Novel!

*I, personally, need to work on sprinting. Thankfully I have three sprinting partners who are all too willing to help me. I need to teach them that tackling mom at the end isn't how it's supposed to go. This goes for The Midget as well. Additionally, I am slow.

*Heffner was a tightly wound spring and it was awesome! He is ridiculously fun to run.

*I need to suck it up and start actually training Ruthie's weave poles. Dang it!

*I also need to teach Ruthie a wait command on the teeter. The teeter has now become super fun to race across, whether I'm totally ready to catch the other end for a more graceful descent.

*I finally have a dog who can easily fit into a tunnel and she HATES them. I need to get a tunnel to practice with at home.

*Heffner thinks that heeling is amazing fun when mom is going all over the place and he never knows which way I'm going to turn.

*Bess doesn't like practicing heeling in her purple coat. Only the burgundy one.

*Bess is THE BEST snuggler.

*Ruthie wants to suffocate me with her face when I try to snuggle with her.

*I am officially a Board Member (that's right, I'm a BM!;0) ) of the Sherwood Dog Training Club!! Woo hoo!!

Tomorrow will start my goal of weekly "trick" training! I've got a list started, though I don't have 52 figured out just yet. Some of the stuff will start out really simple and then build on the previous week's "trick." I'm kind of cheating and giving myself a little extra time to build on stuff and make it better as I add in a new component. Some of the "tricks" are starting out really simple because there are either things that I just haven't gotten around to teaching any of the dogs or there are basics that I haven't gotten around to teaching Ruthie yet and I need a reason as well as a time line to get my butt into gear.

Happy hump day everyone!!

3 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Congrats on being a board member!!

I laughed (well, just a snicker) at Bess's coat preference while heeling.

Lexi and Jasper the Danes said...

Hehe, Bess an Heffner must be able to do a pretty good tackle :p

We can't believe Bess has a coat preference, is the colour the only difference?!

Licks and lots of slobber,
Lexi and Jasper the Danes

Laura, Lance, and Vito said...

Woo hooo! Sounds like the dogs are having a blast. Love the heeling practice!