Friday, January 1, 2010

Collar of the Month

I'm going to start 2010 off by getting right down to business! My pick for Collar of the Month is the Buckle-Down collar! I got a collar for each dog as one of their Christmas presents. The first thing that drew me to these collars were the vibrancy of the colors and the artwork on them. I'm a big fan of Ed Hardy and some of the designs totally remind me of that style of work. THEN, once I took a closer look at the collars, I noticed their unique buckle. It's actually styled like a seat belt buckle!

And yes, I do realise that I basically bought my dogs these collars for a gimmick, but they're so neat! And so pretty!:) I had a hard time deciding what to get Heffner. I wanted to stick with the same Ed Hardy-esque design, but a different collar kept catching my eye.
For Heffner, it's all about the Benjamins baby!:) Thankfully the collars aren't outrageously priced either. If you order them through the web site, they run around $25. I picked these collars up at a dog show and the retailer had them for $21. Such a deal!;) They were way too cute to pass up!

The only thing I will say is that the buckle design makes me a wee bit nervous about it coming undone at the wrong time. Heffner shook his off the first night, but that hasn't happened since I tightened it up. Bess got hers off one night. I assume from sleeping in a position where she was putting the right amount of weight in the right spot to release the buckle. It hasn't happened since though. And I have taken Bess for an on-leash walk with it and it's stayed on quite nicely. It's just probably not going to be a collar they wear where they're going to playing heavy or off-leash where the release could get triggered.

1 comment:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

I really like those! Particularly the seat-belt buckle style. It might take away from the design, but you might try clear packing tape taped tight across the button so it's a little more difficult for them to press it.