Sunday, January 10, 2010

Here Comes Another Week

Each Sunday night I start planning and getting ready for the week ahead. I have to make sure that I have all my ducks in a row so that I can accomplish everything that I NEED to get done and hopefully leave time for the stuff that I WANT to get done.

Tomorrow I will post the first Pedometer Challenge, so for anyone else wanting to join in, go get yourself a pedometer and stay tuned for tomorrow evening.:) I'm kind of excited about this! I'm also really interested to see how many steps I take in a day.

Heffner is up to 10 min. walks now! Woot, woot! I do have to say, 10 min. feels a whole lot better than 5. 5 is just a ridiculously short walk. Heffner's also got his check up visit with the vet this Wed. in the afternoon. I've got all sorts of questions for her.

This upcoming weekend we'll be gearing up for the big Rose City Classic dog shows that start on the 20th!! It's 6 shows in five days (we've got a double specialty on the 20th) and is always a major, pulling some pretty stiff competition. I'll be Bess' breeder's "bucket bitch" for the show. Which essentially means that I'll help take care of a lot of the little things like getting crates set up ring side each day, walking dogs, and helping her however I can during the course of the show. I'll post more about that later. But needless to say, it's a VERY busy week and I'll need to get things ready for it ahead of time on my end so that I'll be totally prepared.

And starting on the morning of the 17th, Bess and I will be taking a Work Out With Your Dog class taught by Bobbie Lyons. She's the woman who taught us all the On the Ball stuff! I'm really looking forward to it! It's every Sunday morning for 5 weeks and she's allowing drop ins as well. Which is what we're having to do. Due to our conformation schedule we're going to have to miss two of the Sundays, but I know the class is going to be such a blast! Bobbie is really great at coming up with new and different exercises to do with your dog.

This early afternoon I got to have lots of fun and go visit a great dane puppy named Mojo! He is so incredibly adorable!!! I'm blanking on how old he is, but it's somewhere around 10 weeks I think. Needless to say, crazy cute! His proud parents also own Cabo, who we've been to many shows with! It was just so much fun to sit around talking dogs and dog show stuff. The time really flew. And I'm totally jealous of their new bundle of joy. I'm also excited to say that I will have the pleasure of taking Cabo into the ring at the Rose City Classic on Thur. and Fri. since Steve has to work.:) Yes, next week is going to be a busy and fun week!!

I also forgot to mention earlier this week that our skijoring race got cancelled this weekend due to lack of snow. I'm not too terribly surprised since there were some almost bare spots along the route when Kennedy and I went up there last weekend. There was also a lot of rain predicted for this past week at that elevation. Not good skijoring and sled dog racing weather. So we'll just have to wait until the next race in February. Hopefully the mountain will get plenty more snow at that elevation so that race doesn't get cancelled as well!

4 comments:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

So sorry about the show being canceled :( I look forward to hearing about your new class though! And yay for Hefner!

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

maybe now that the race is cancelled you could chill out for once--whew! yo guys never stop--lol

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Keep us posted on how Heffner does at the vet this week and how the show goes, Good Luck!

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

M.T. said...

Where are pics of Mojo?!?!?! Boooooo! :)