Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 1 Under the Belt

I have officially survived another Rose City Classic double specialty day! Oy! I learned quite a few things from last year that definitely helped me out for this year. For starters, I'm on my feet a LOT. Walking dogs, doing hand offs, setting up crates, taking down crates, moving crates, loading dogs, unloading dogs, and you get the general idea. Last year, I just came to the show wearing my show shoes, which are cheap flats that I bought specifically for showing. They are NOT meant for a lot of wear and my feet found that out very quickly. This year, no sore feet because I wore my regular tennis shoes all day. Yay! I actually had Bess' breeder, Georgia show her today, so I didn't have to change into my show shoes at all!



Things went pretty smoothly today. I think the first specialty was a little rougher on my part because I wasn't really sure how things were going to work time wise with getting dogs ready, walked, pottied, and where they needed to be. The second specialty went a fair bit smoother.



Unfortunately Bess didn't do anything today. She did win her class during the second specialty, but that's it. On the up side I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a while!:) It's kind of a hectic time so I didn't really get to chat with everyone all that much, but it was great to see everyone so far!:)



I'm pretty beat right now. I was up at 4:30am to make sure that I could get all the dogs taken care of here at home, get myself presentable, and get to the expo center by 6:30am. Tomorrow will be more of the same, except a shorter day with only one all breed show. Depending on how things work out, I'd like to possibly watch a little of the obedience and agility. We'll see how everything pans out.



I'm going to head off to the shower and bed here in just a bit, but I thought that I would leave you with a picture. For each of Bess' class placements today she got a little stuffed dog toy. When we got home, the dogs each got one to eviscerate and enjoy. Heffner, for whatever reason, temporarily put his down and Bess claimed it. It amused me no end to see her parading around the upstairs of the house with two stuffies in her mouth, doing her little wiggly happy dance, and making her funny little growly pants noises (she makes these noises a LOT when she's got a toy that she wants you to try and get away from her). It was pretty adorable and Heffner just looked at me like I was the one who was supposed to do something about her stealing his toy!