Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Heffner!!

Wow, my baby boy turned 4 years old today! He's still on restricted exercise and I'm sticking to it, so I couldn't take him any where super special to run around off leash. However, he did get to go on a short car ride to a business park near our house for a fun walk on a lovely day. The weather was just beautiful with mostly clear skies and temperatures in the low 60's (VERY bizarre for this time of year). I figured this would be not only the perfect opportunity to get some shots of him on his birthday itself, but I used the above picture for our 52 weeks of dogs entry (and no, I did not stack him, he free stacked himself). It was a really lovely walk and I know that he enjoyed getting out and seeing some new scenery. We're kind of running out of "new" paths to take on our short walks. Along the way, we stopped by one of the ponds so that he could get a little drink of water. He ended up getting more water than he intended to. The rocks along the bank were a bit slick and I didn't realize it until too late. The poor boy slid right into the pond! I tried encouraging him to get out an easier way (the water was only about chest deep on him), but he was determined to climb out the same way he went in. Once I realized he wasn't budging, I did what "most" people would do and snapped some pictures of him while he was in the water!:)

While I admittedly didn't really feel up to cooking him a birthday cake today, I did go out and buy him some of his favorite yummy meats for a special dinner! His dinner consisted of raw steak, anchovies; all of which was sprinkled with grated cheese. Yes, he was one happy dog!

Alrighty, Pedometer Challenge time! Hows everyone doing with theirs? Yesterday I hit 20,392 steps. For those of you going along with this, keep at it!!

11 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

Happy 4th Birthday Heff! A great meal and a little swim for your birthday sounds wonderful.

Kitty said...

Not reaching my goal of 10,000. Disappointed for sure but plugging along.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Pawday! WOW! What birthday meal!!! Hi There I'm Sugar. Just making new blog friends. Looking forward to your visit to my blog. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Jennifer H. said...

That first photos is GORGEOUS!!! Happy Woofday Handsome Heff!!!!

Tucker said...

Happy 4th Birthday!

Sorry you fell in the pond dude. I did that once too but it was a swamp. I was green when I came out.

woof - Tucker

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

Yay, happy birthday!!! Love the pond pictures!

brooke said...

aww happy birthday heff! how embarrassing that you fell into the pond, but im glad your mom got pictures! hehe.

M.T. said...

Look at that handsome boy! Happy 4th Bday Heffner! Looks like he made quite the splash on his birthday lol ;) And that is one yummy bday meal!

Kasha The Dainty Great Dane said...

Happy 4th Birthday Heffner!! I hope you enjoyed your wonderful birthday dinner!!

AARF Kasha the Dainty Great Dane

Emma Rose said...

Happy Birthday Heff!

Today was my best day so far with the pedometer. We went to the dog show so I got a lot of walking in. Still nowhere near yours though. I'm at 5664 for the day so far. (And my feet are killing me!) LOL

Anonymous said...

Sorry were late with the Birthday Wishes Heff.

Happy Belated Birthday Gorgeous boy!!! Hope you had a wonderful day
Licks n leans From Stripe n Nitro
and big hugs n kisses form their mumma