Sunday, January 24, 2010

Magazine of the Month


My pick for Magazine of the Month is Working Dog Digest! As is probably obvious, the Working group is definitely my favorite group! There is such a variety in breeds and the dogs are just all so awe inspiring that it’s hard not to admire this specific group. The Working Dog Digest is a breed group publication. There are articles on judges, breeders, and highlights on specific dogs and their achievements. As with any breed publication, there are lots of adds. And I will happily admit that I love looking at all those beautiful dogs!:) This is a magazine that I actually received free at a dog show this past summer. A lot of times people are just handing out some of these magazines at the shows and this was one of those times. Since I have no intentions of putting an add in this publication it’s not one that I’m interested in having a subscription to, but I’ll happily take a free copy!:)

Today was the final day of the Rose City Classic and I have to admit that even though it was a fair amount of work and plenty of getting up even earlier than I normally do during the week, it's also kind of a rush and part of me is sad that it's over. We had over 50 great danes entered each day. Several of which finished their AKC championships. Aside from the showing part of things, I really enjoyed being able to see and chat with my dog show family.:) There are people that I generally see at every show that we're entered in and I love seeing them each time. And there are also people who I only see occasionally, and it's a special treat to get to see and chat with them in person. I think that 2010 is going to be a very exciting year for our extended family that we have. There are quite a few up and coming and fabulous looking puppies who are either just starting their careers or waiting in the wings. We've got several people who are undertaking various performance events with their danes. An upcoming breeding (and no, it's not Bess). The Marmaduke movie coming out (more on that later ;) ). And the national specialty in Oct.! I believe there are going to be a fair amount from our group heading out that way which will make for an entertaining (albeit LONG) road trip and a fabulous week of danes shared with good friends. Yes, I believe that 2010 is going to be an exciting year and I'm looking forward to all of it!

I'll end this post with a funny picture that I found I hadn't yet downloaded off my memory card. I think the red eye on Adam pretty perfectly fits the picture!LOL

1 comment:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

I'd love to see that magazine - thanks! I'll have to keep my eye out for it.

I LOVE the picture. I agree - the red eye is perfect!