Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Some Days....

Happy December 20th! Today when I got home from work I was having one of those days where I had a very short fuse with the dogs and they were pushing all the right buttons. I get home and after letting everyone outside and then back in, I hear some odd rustling upstairs in the media room. Heffner apparently got bored today while Adam and I were at work. He's none too thrilled that his best buddy Bess is getting crated during the day now (she's in season) and obviously is having a hard time keeping himself occupied. So he decided to bring it to my attention that I had not in fact cleaned up the various bags, napkins, and boxes that were used to house the food that I brought home for the movie marathon this past Saturday. He did this by shredding everything. Everywhere. Thanks Heff....

So while I'm getting that all cleaned up, Heffner and Bess are expressing how excited they are to see each other after such a long separation, by rough housing that turns into humping. I just wish that had been the only problem. Except that Bess often loses some bladder control when she's in season. It's annoying, but it happens and then goes away once she's done. We already had an incident this morning in the ball studio where she peed through her boxers and onto the giant core disc. Then today in the hallway, it happened again. And now she's down to her last pair of boxers until I get another load of laundry done. Super! At least we now have a carpet cleaner of our very own to clean that kind of stuff up!


And my only complaint about Ruthie today is just that she was uber whiny in the car while she was waiting for it to be her turn at the agility barn. So really it's just the big dogs that were driving me crazy.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! The second to last picture of Ruthie with the lights is fantastic! The lights really define the outline of her head. It is like a frenchie head-study!

Every once in a while when Rugby is acting up I have to ask myself why it is I love dogs so much. Luckily he gets over it pretty quick, and I'm sure those big dogs will too.

Kennedy said...

The pictures are fantastic. :) I love them. Sorry you had a rough day.